The MYP is for students aged 11 to 16 that provides a framework of learning, which encourages students to become creative, critical and reflective thinkers. The MYP emphasizes intellectual challenge, encouraging students to make connections between their studies in traditional subjects and to the real world. It builds upon the knowledge, skills and attitudes from PYP and prepares the students to meet the academic challenges of DP.
It fosters the development of skills for communication, intercultural understanding and global engagement, qualities that are essential for life in the 21st century. The MYP programme strives toward achieving the following: • International mindedness starting with a foundation in their own language and culture
• A positive attitude to learning, demonstrating high levels of engagement, creativity, resourcefulness and active participation in their communities
• An ability to make connections between subjects and real world issues • Highly developed communication skills to encourage inquiry, understanding, language acquisition, and to allow for student reflection and expression • A heightened awareness of their development
• Provide learning in a broad base of disciplines • Provide objectives in each subject group to include skills, attitudes and knowledge • Promote the principle of concurrency of learning • Encourage the use of a variety of teaching and learning methodologies • Emphasize the development of the whole person
The MYP Subjects offered at HUS:
• English Language & Literature
• Language Acquisition - Tamil, Hindi, Spanish, French
• Individuals and Societies
• Sciences - Physics, Chemistry, Biology
• Mathematics - Core, Extended
• Visual and Performing Arts - Music, Dance, Visual Art, Drama
• Service As Action and Personal Project
HUS is an IB continuum school since 2019.